Cezar’s interests and experience focus on business process automation through ERP (enterprise resource planning) solutions and project risk management.
- Lead various UAT (user acceptance testing) process tracks during the implementation of Oracle at a fast-growing hardware technology firm in Silicon Valley, focusing on risk and defect management.
- Lead GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) system selection and implementation readiness projects for the compliance center at one of the oldest cloud technology companies in Silicon Valley.
- Lead the definition of automated controls during the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX at the retail stores of a large software technology company.
- Lead the solution design for ERP system strategy and selection at multiple bio-technology firms with outsourced distribution and manufacturing, operating in the US and across Europe.
- Developed solution designs for ERP system strategy and selection at various Silicon Valley high-technology companies and startups.
- Performed process automation and solution design in Oracle R12 for the accounts payable department at a large private university in California.
- Participated in a broad business transformation assessment at an oil and gas company, focusing on the alignment between the business processes and the business systems.
- Lead a master data management assessment at a Silicon Valley networking technology firm, analyzing the product hierarchy with the goal of reducing widespread reporting frictions and inefficiencies.
- Executed a segregation of duties (SOD) assessment at a Silicon Valley startup in the solar energy field.
- Pursued four years of academic research in the accounting PhD program at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, focusing on issues of voluntary disclosure and corporate governance.
- Worked for Oracle Corporation in GRC product development, designing and implementing Oracle's early-stage solutions for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and IT auditing. Obtained hands-on experience with Oracle E-Business Suite releases 11i and R12.
- On behalf of Oracle, patented an original business model at the intersection of data mining and financial-fraud detection.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Process Automation
- ERP System Strategy & Selection
- GRC System Strategy & Selection
- Master Data Management
- SOD Design & Assessment
- Project Risk Management
- BS Computer Science, Stanford University
- MS Mathematics, Stanford University
- MABR Accounting, Stanford Graduate School of Business