Brian Sullivan is a Chicago-based Director in Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance practice. He has over 12 years of experience in the financial services industry primarily serving banking and investment clients with emphasis on credit risk management, collateral analysis, and securitization due diligence.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Brian acquired four years of experience, most recently in the Financial Services Risk Management group of a “Big Four” accounting firm. His transaction service experience is focused on asset based lending and securitization reviews of tangible assets for commercial lending clients and buy-side due diligence on small to mid market merger and acquisition deals. Prior to joining the Financial Services Risk Management group, Brian was a consultant in the Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice at Arthur Andersen.
- Brian conducted over 3000 operational due diligence engagements across a wide variety of asset classes, including trade receivables, auto and other installment loans, ABL/ Factoring. equipment and other types of leases, mortgages, commercial real estate, credit cards, fleet leasing, unsecured consumer loans and commercial and institutional loans. He has visited companies in a range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, and financial services. These engagements typically involved an in-depth review and evaluation of a company’s cash collections and treasury functions, customer billing and processing procedures, credit management, delinquent account collections procedures and other various company functions.
- Brian has managed and participated in due diligence projects for lending facilities ranging from $25 million to $4 billion.
- Brian is responsible for fieldwork, staff training, work product production, client relationship building, and expense monitoring. Additionally, he develops and maintains an understanding of the target company’s collateral base, organizational structure, policies, procedures, and financial performance.
- Brian heads the compilation and delivery of oral and written reports regarding findings and issues to managers, partners, clients, and target company executive management.
- Banking & Financial Services
- B.S.- University of Illinois, Finance