Brian currently works as a Managing Director in the Data and Analytics practice at Protiviti. Brian joined Protiviti via the acquisition of Decision First Technologies in November 2015. Brian was one of the key account executives for Decision First. He managed customers in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West for DFT. Prior to DFT, Brian was the Executive Vice President of Sales at TriCore Solutions, which acquired his consulting company BIT Advisors in 2011. At TriCore, he was responsible for all enterprise and mid-market sales and business development in the U.S. and Canada. He has 20 years of experience in the Business Intelligence industry with roles including consulting, technical sales, management, and operations. Prior to TriCore, Brian was a co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of BITadvisors, which was founded in 2004. Prior to 2004, Brian worked at Business Objects as and Account Executive and Technical Sales Manager.
- Over 20 years experience developing and implementing analytic solutions across a variety of industries and involving a number of different technologies. These solutions included large enterprise data warehouses, complex data integration projects, business driven analytical projects, dashboard, and visualizations solutions. Significant experience with managed hosting, application managed services and remote support of BI Solutions.
- Provided the oversight for the development of a real-time Spend analytics solutions Global Media Company This project is being implemented over a year and a half. My role involved internal selling to Executives, leading strategy and requirements sessions and working with the technical team to ensure solutions were meeting the expectations of the business.
- Lead the rollout of a Business Intelligence Analytics COE for a reputable School of Medicine. The team implemented a Clinical Data Warehouse along with reporting and visualizations to meet the needs of the users. The impact was allowing the users to analyze topics like patient safety, quality of care, staffing efficiency, and financial reporting.
- Managed a team of over 30 solution consultants through the delivery of many strategic projects. These projects were strategic in nature. Teams implemented many different solutions that were aimed at solving business problems. Project ranged from Financial Analytics to Clinical trials to Supply chain metrics. The projects all involved utilizing our implmentation methodology, taking the customer from gathering business and technical requirements, working with the customer agreeing on design and deliverables, co-developing to build the solution, assisting with testing and production cutover.
- As a consulting professional, consistently overachieved on annual quota throughout my career. Have managed and closed over 150 million in software and services revenue. In addition, have assisted in delivering 80+ million in services revenue. Both technical and business acumen enable me to engage with businesses to sell and deliver compelling analytic solutions. Continue to build and forge relationships while managing the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Data and Analytics accounts and delivery for Protiviti.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Warehousing
- Data Governance
- Data Management
- Cloud Deployments
- BI Tools
- User Experience
- BI Implementation Best Practices and Methodologies
- Project Management
- Account Management
- Solution Selling
- BS, Industrial Engineering & Finance – University of Massachusetts
- Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Tech Target
- ASUG User Groups and Confernces (National, NY, New England, PA, WI, NJ)
- Over 25 Webinars
- Other BI Conferences (Sapphire, BI/HANA)