Brad is a Director with Protiviti in the Risk & Compliance practice. His client experience at Protiviti has included global and national financial institutions, regional and middle market banks, and insurance companies. Brad has been responsible for managing numerous due diligence for securitization and asset-based lending transactions across a variety of asset classes, with a specific focus on consumer finance (auto, credit card, unsecured lending). In addition, Brad has worked on projects that include operational risk support, commercial lending internal audits, data validation and analysis, and process review.
- Planned and managed due diligence and collateral monitoring services for securitization transactions and asset-based lending transactions in North America, Europe and Asia. Assets reviewed include trade receivables, student loans, auto loans, unsecured consumer loans, solar panel financing, credit cards and lender finance / middle market loans. Experience includes reviews of new facilities and periodic reviews of existing facilities, across various industries and facility sizes.
- Managed an in-depth review of revolving credit accounts and transactions for a large lending institution to verify transaction posting activity and mapping for purposes of understanding reporting impacts related to a third-party sale of assets.
- Oversaw a project team focused on testing underwriting compliance with special tax lien assessment loans per federal Property-Assessed Clean Energy (P.A.C.E.) program requirements for both commercial and residential loan portfolios in California and Florida in conjunction with asset sale transaction.
- Performed a present state and gap analysis on the credit function of one of the nation’s largest book publishers, with a focus on the credit, credit risk and collections/recovery practices and processes. Delivered tailored recommendations on process improvements, as well as benchmarking data for key reporting metrics for the processes analyzed.
- Conducted a detailed review of a major television network’s dilution process, which resulted in the identification of $1 million+ reporting errors on a monthly basis. Evaluated Management’s remediation plan and provided expertise on proper dilution reporting.
Areas of Expertise
- Credit Risk
- Lender and Portfolio Due Diligence
- Internal Audit
- B.S. in Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. in Accounting, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- AICPA and ILCPA member
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Six Sigma Green Belt