Barrett is a Director in Protiviti’s Financial Services Technology Strategy and Operations practice. He has over 17 years of experience in the financial services industry with an accomplished career in delivery of key transformational initiatives and large scale programs. Barrett’s expertise is in technology and digital strategy, program management, systems integration, data conversion, and operations. Barrett joined Protiviti in 2015, where previously, he served as a Senior Director at Oracle Consulting where he was responsible for software, hardware, and data migration initiatives. Prior to that, Barrett spent 12 years at Accenture in the Technology Consulting Information Management practice. Barrett has worked directly with leadership at several clients align technology and business strategies, consolidate IT systems to reduce costs, and define strategic roadmaps for future growth and profitability.
- Led an IT Strategy and Digital Transformation assessment for a Top 5 global insurance company for their Japan operations. Developed a Target Operating Model, recommended IT Transformation initiatives, assessed Quality of Service challenges, and developed an actionable 24 month roadmap to implement change.
- Led a multi-year engagement to stand up a digital insurance marketplace for a large insurance brokerage firm. Worked with the business to define the overall marketplace strategy and then responsible for the alignment and implementation of the technical strategy and platform. Oversaw the process through the entire SDLC as well as defined the product roll-out, the go to market strategy, and the operations set up.
- Program lead for a Regulatory Library GRC installation of Thomson Reuters Accelus at a large Canadian bank. Oversaw a team that performed a successful implementation of a vendor-defined 17 month program in 6 months. Acted as the primary conduit between the client and the vendor. Responsibilities included overall program governance, oversight of program timelines and plans, issue resolution, and coordination between the client technology team, business team, application owner, and the vendor.
- Led the Private Wealth Management component of a large retail brokerage firm’s post-merger integration program. Responsible for a team of 35+ resources comprised of project managers, solution architects, conversion analysts, ETL developers, and implementation architects utilizing an onshore/offshore/nearshore delivery model. Managed the relationships with key client stakeholders, in both the business and IT organizations, through each phase of the SDLC ensuring that all objectives and expectations were met.
- Program lead for a business intelligence program at a P&C insurer that involved the integration of pricing, policy, and claim data into an Operational Data Store (ODS) to transform and improve existing statistical reporting systems and processes. Oversaw the successful delivery of multiple releases over a two-year period while managing all aspects of the project from the requirements gathering phase through production rollout.
- Responsible for the conversion team of a program tasked with migrating a large financial services firm’s foreign exchange and money market trading from a legacy system to the Murex proprietary platform. Performed requirements analysis and design activities to convert trade and reference data while supervising a team of consultants, clients, and third party resources.
- Program lead of a data quality initiative for a large, multinational financial services institution. Responsible for leading a team tasked with the identification, analysis, and correction of HR specific data issues across the client’s four global regions. Designed, developed, and implemented a custom, automated scorecard to track and report on data integrity errors. Coordinated cleanup efforts with multiple client teams globally resulting in an improvement of data quality by 80%
Areas of Expertise
- Technology Strategy
- Platform / Vendor Selection
- Delivery of Large Scale Transformations & Initiatives
- Program Management
- Digital Initiatives
- Systems Integration
- Data Migration, Conversion Strategy & Implementation
- Data Warehousing, ETL, & BI Initiatives
- GRC Implementation
- Capital Markets / Wealth Management
- Insurance (P&C and E&S)
- B.B.A. – Business management, Bernard Baruch College