Ari is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Internal Audit practice with more than 17 years of experience helping global clients maximize the value of governance processes and evaluate and understand the risks associated with their use of technology. As part of Protiviti’s Central United States Internal Audit leadership team, Ari has extensive experience in all facets of the audit lifecycle and has spent considerable time leading Sarbanes-Oxley compliance engagements (including program builds, testing and remediation efforts). Ari has been a featured speaker at global Internal Audit and IT Audit conferences.
Ari also leads the company’s Central Region Account Management Program, which is part of Protiviti’s Loyal Clients strategic cornerstone. In this role, Ari collaborates with teams across various solutions, industries, and geographies to help ensure we remain client-centric and deliver on our promises to both our clients and people. Ari started his career in Arthur Andersen’s Technology Risk Consulting practice and has been with Protiviti since inception in May 2002.
- Led Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance testing efforts at global clients in various industries, including multiple year-one environments. Responsible for all aspects of scoping/planning, initial testing, remediation testing, and refresh testing – included operations in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Engagement leader for multiple IT control remediation engagements with specific focus on enhancing the design and operating effectiveness of user access/administration, change management, and IT operations controls. Efforts blended the need to both efficiently and effectively identify solutions to address identified deficiencies.
- Engagement leader for multiple internal audit, IT internal audit, and SOX clients across various industries. Responsible for all elements of audit planning (including risk assessment), execution, quality assurance, and reporting to Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Engagement leader for multiple global audit engagements that require extensive coordination and collaboration with Protiviti offices across the globe. Audit scopes include a combination of operational audits, IT audits, and compliance / regulatory audits (SOX).
- Responsible for the execution of numerous IT internal audit reviews at multiple global clients. Audit scopes included application security, system development lifecycle, cybersecurity, IT asset management, data privacy (AICPA, GLBA, GDPR), financial application segregation of duties, workstation security, program management, and site-specific general IT controls.
- Developed and implemented a company-wide risk management process at a global hotel company to identify, prioritize, and report on the organization’s most critical business risks. Responsible for all aspects of program creation, maintenance, and executive-level reporting.
- Managed a complex forensic investigation to determine the root cause and residual risk associated with a sensitive IT security incident. Managed scope, key milestones, and results reporting for a 20+ person team that incurred more than 2,500 hours in less than 60 days.
Areas of Expertise
- IT Audit
- Internal Audit
- Project Management
- Life Sciences
- Professional Services
- B.S., Management Information Systems, University of Illinois
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Project Management Professional
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Project Management Institute
- IIA Accredited in Quality Assessment and Validation
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Ari Sagett