Anne has over 14 years of experience in Anti-Money Laundering compliance. She has managed teams performing quality assurance reviews, Customer Due Diligence (CDD), case investigations, and high-risk customer periodic reviews. She has also developed a case investigation workflow tool which was used to manage assignments and provide real-time reporting. Prior to joining Protiviti, Anne was a Vice President at a top financial institution focused on strategic initiatives and managing the AML program for the Global Financial Crimes group. She focused managing process changes and technology enhancements to comply with updated internal policies as well as adhere to regulatory expectations.
- Lookback Quality Assurance: Managed a team conducting an audit of a risk-based sample of case investigations performed as part of lookback efforts and evaluate their adherence to regulatory requirements. Performed a second level review of samples, discussed potential observations with stakeholders, and summarized observations for reporting. Followed through on action plans to remediate observations.
- AML Investigations: Led a team performing case investigations of alerted customer activity and periodic reviews for several regional banks as well has performed Quality Assurance functions. Team members completed customer profile reviews and analyzed transactions to make a recommendation on whether the activity appears suspicious. Types of customers included cash intensive business, money services business, non-governmental organizations, and international customers.
- High Risk Customer Review: Led a team which performed periodic reviews of high-risk customers. Reviews included a remediation of Customer Due Diligence documentation, refresh of negative news searches, and transactional analysis for potential suspicious activities. Analysis also included providing recommendations on whether previously high-risk customers should be considered for an adjustment in risk rating.
- AML Technology: Project Management: Led projects to enhance new account opening and account maintenance applications focused on gathering customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) information. Performed gap analysis against policy requirements and documented required enhancements. Proposed process enhancements to multiple stakeholders, scheduled annual project plan with the technology teams, and managed the group's technology budget to maximize delivery of projects. Performed training for various users on new functionalities implemented.
- AML Data Migration: Managed initiatives related to target operating model implementation including the migration of client reference data and AML system controls onto a target platform and development of updated business process workflows. Managed user acceptance testing and assisted in developing and communication of mitigation plans as part of defect management.
Areas of Expertise
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Regulatory Risk
- Project Management
- Financial Services
- B.S. – Finance – Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)