Angela has over 10 years of consulting, public accounting, and internal audit experience. She has assisted clients with internal audit transformation, project management, system implementation reviews, application control reviews, IT risk assessments, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Prior to joining Protiviti, Angela worked with a large financial services firm leading IT audits and assisting with post-acquisition integration reviews, including coordination with multiple business lines and workstreams.
- Served as interim Internal Audit Director at a multi-million dollar online higher education services company. Led the function responsible for Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Responsibilities included conducting the annual risk assessment, management of Internal Audit staff and the Internal Audit co-source provider, defining audit scope and approach, and reporting audit results to Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Assisted a large national bank with their efforts to address the Heightened Standards for internal audit functions set forth by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and other regulators. Provided overall project management for the initiative. Responsibilities included project planning, providing guidance to project leads, developing deliverable templates, escalation of risks and issues, and providing status updates and reporting to the CAE’s leadership team.
- As part of the Quality Assurance Improvement Program (QAIP) of the Internal Audit function of a large national bank, performed internal Quality Assurance Reviews for a selection of audit engagements. Evaluated audit engagements to assess overall conformance with applicable Standards from The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Performed an assessment of the internal audit function of a bank holding company. Provided recommendations to align the internal audit function with The IIA’s Standards as well as leading practices in similar size institutions. Also, designed a roadmap for implementation of IA infrastructure recommendations.
- Performed an independent external quality assessment review (QAR) of the internal audit function of a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 company.
- Assisted the Internal Audit function of a global financial services firm within their credit card line of business. Performed various audits including: a review of systems and processes supporting the new account lending process, a review of the governance and IT controls related to user developed applications and a review of change management controls of systems supporting the commercial card credit operations.
Areas of Expertise
- University of St. Thomas: B.A.
Financial Management, B.A.
Quantitative Methods & Computer Science
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Accredited in IIA - Quality Assessment
- Experience using Teammate Electronic Workpapers
- Experience using Archer eGRC