Amy Cho has 14 years of AML and regulatory risk experience. As a federal investigator, she was responsible for leading and managing complex and multi-jurisdictional investigations involving a variety of financial crimes, including money laundering and BSA violations. She has conducted international money laundering investigations involving $22 Million transferred through informal value transfer systems. In addition to her government experience, she also has significant consulting and industry expertise leading investigative teams and consulting engagements to assess program alignment to regulatory expectations.
- Managed an AML consulting project for a US Top 5 financial institution’s correspondent banking program that provided guidance on areas of enhancement, performed gap analysis to regulatory expectations, and provided recommendations of additional actions required to achieve compliance with an OCC consent order. The project entailed a review of the AML program in its entirety including Sanctions compliance. She also managed an assessment of the institution’s U.S. AML program within the context of the global program to ensure alignment, coordination, and communication between head and global offices resulting in organizational redesign.
- Performed an OFAC independent assessment for a correspondent banking business line to include review of evidence of intentional wire modifications, process control testing, and fuzzy logic sensitivity.
- Managed and provided SME support for AML model validations including transaction monitoring models, customer risk rating models, and geography models for retail financial institutions and international MSBs. Presented model approach and results to institution’s Federal Reserve Board examination team.
- Managed a team performing an independent assessment of a US Top 25 financial institution’s suspicious activity monitoring program and key management information reporting (KRIs and KPIs) as required by regulatory examiners. The project included a review of the effectiveness of investigation documentation, standards for increased due diligence or monitoring, risk stratification of alerts, SAR filing and escalation process, QC process, KRI and KPI collection process effectiveness and completeness and sufficiency of indicators for effective decision making.
- Redeveloped and documented onboarding and periodic review KYC/CDD/EDD process for a US Top 10 financial institution’s retail business line.
Areas of Expertise
- Regulatory Risk
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Fraud Investigations
- Financial Services
- Law Enforcement
- Bentley University – Bachelors in Accountancy
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- CAMS Certified / ACAMS Member