Al is an Associate Director in the Business Performance Improvement Practice. He has over 20 years of Financial Management and Human Resources experience, focused on leading groups through corporate performance management (CPM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), process improvement and merger integration initiatives in both the private and public sectors. Al has managed several global client initiatives which were focused on large-scale portfolio, program management, and divestiture and separation initiatives.
Managed Business Services
- Led engagement through serving as the business re-engineering lead of a national compensation transformation engagement of a publically traded organization. Role included identifying gaps, audit risks and control weaknesses. Implementing the changes needed to assurance compliance and accuracy in employee compensation.
- Managed an Order to cash engagement for a national organization that was encountering significant overpayments to venders on a regular basis due to the implications identified in the vender master setup. Reduced the clients vender master by 25% and improved contract payment terms.
Business Performance Improvement
- Lead a Human Resource assessment of the Administration function for a large publically traded institution which needed to streamline the hire to termination process as well as increase the timeliness and relevance of information from the business, analytical output, and reported information. These changes were needed to improve the accuracy of the data generated for effectively reporting on human capital.
- Program / Project Manager supporting PMO in multiple divestiture of operating units from the parent organization, a ‘Fortune 100’ financial services company as well as consumer services. These efforts involved coordinating multiple workstreams for Day One Separation, Project Plan Management and Executive Level Summary reporting to ensure a flawless execution around separation.
- Managed assessment of global financial closing process for multi-national companies to identify root causes of financial close cycle time inefficiencies. Project included current state benchmarking against industry peer and evaluation of organization, process, people/skills, and technology. Developed recommendations and managed implementation of process improvements to reduce the closing cycle time by five calendar days. Designed executive dashboard for management to view key metrics related to the financial close process.
- Lead a Master Data Management project for a Global leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions, The project focused on reducing ERP implementation risks, improve compliance and reduce data management costs.
Areas of Expertise
- Finance Transformation
- HR Operations and Integration
- Mergers / Integrations / Carve outs
- Program/Project Management
- HR Transformation
- HR Optimization and Re-design
- Shared Service Environment
- Financial Services
Technology and Software
B.S. Accounting, Central Connecticut State University
M.B.A. Finance, University of New Haven
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Institute of Management Accountants
Project Management Institute
Project Management Professional (PMP), Pending
IIA Westchester / Fairfield Chapter