Alex is a Director in the Dallas office with over 14 years of experience providing consulting, enterprise risk management and internal audit services across a range of industries, including Financial Services, Technology and Consumer Services. Alex is a leader in Dallas’ Innovation team, which focuses on leveraging ‘next-gen’ technology solutions such as automation and process mining to help solve client problems. Alex’s recent focus has been assisting clients to meet business objectives though a combination of process improvement, technology and risk management.
Representative examples of Alex's engagements include:
- Financial Process Documentation – Alex led a project to document the critical processes in the Global Finance and Accounting Manual of a $33bn consumer products organization. In addition to documenting current-state processes, the project team was able to identify process improvement opportunities, control gaps and suggested corrective actions to address the gaps.
- Internal Audit Methodology and Reporting Enhancement – Alex led a project to re-design the audit methodology and reporting processes for a $35bn financial services organization. Approximately 200 stakeholders were directly impacted by the changes made as a result of the project, which included elimination of inefficient processes and templates, automation and re-designing reporting to communicate key messages more effectively. In addition to re-designing the processes and tools, Alex was responsible for developing the stakeholder communication plan and training teams on the updated methodology.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Enhancement – Alex has led multiple projects to enhance enterprise risk management programs so that they focus on the likelihood of business objectives being met. These projects involve working with executive management to identify high-priority business goals and then working with them to identify success factors, potential roadblocks, and strategies to overcome these roadblocks. In addition, Alex has often re-designed reporting and delivered presentations to Boards as part of these ERM engagements.
- Business Intelligence – Alex has led management reporting transformation projects that focus on leveraging new technologies to create dynamic dashboard reporting. These projects involve identifying and preparing source data from various systems and spreadsheets and consolidating them into a single set of dashboards. Using tools such as Power BI, these dashboards can then be used to drill-down and slice data to meet stakeholder needs.
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Process Mining – Alex is part of Protiviti’s core innovation team that identifies opportunities to leverage ‘Next-Gen’ technologies across our client base. Recent focus areas for this team include RPA and process mining.
- Internal Audit – Alex has led multiple outsourced and co-sourced internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance engagement. These engagement typically involve conducting risk assessments to establish the scope of the projects and then identifying and testing internal controls to validate their design and operating effectiveness.
Areas of Expertise
- Process Improvement
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Industry Expertise
- Financial Services
- Consumer Services
- BA Business Studies, University of Sheffield (UK)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)