Scott is a Managing Director, and leads Protiviti’s GRC Tech Advisory solution. Scott is responsible for implementing solutions that help companies define, communicate and monitor governance, risk and compliance activities across the enterprise. Scott is currently focused on helping clients adopt best-of-breed technology approaches that appropriately utilise off-the-shelf software while leveraging elements of their existing IT infrastructure to accelerate business process enablement. Scott also leads Protiviti’s GRC technology development with a core focus on helping clients implement multi-disciplinary GRC programmes.
Prior to Protiviti, Scott served as the Asia-Pacific Area Controller of a large, international non-profit organisation. He led a three-year initiative to develop and implement a financial accounting and reporting structure throughout the area. The initiative included implementation of accounting software throughout 20 national offices, and decentralization of four regional corporate offices where Scott established the accounting, control, reporting, and consolidation procedures.
- Scott manages a portfolio of 200+ clients that utilise Protiviti’s GRC software including implementations related to Sarbanes-Oxley, internal audit, operational risk, SAS 70 compliance, IT security risk and regulatory compliance and has worked with clients in the US, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
- Scott has helped clients evaluate and design multiple GRC systems in the context of their key objectives and current programme maturity including Archer, Thomson Reuters, Open Pages and custom GRC solutions. Scott is also responsible for Protiviti’s Metric Stream partnership
- Scott has recently assisted multiple clients with evaluating the current state of their Archer implementation including gap analysis, identification of key pre-requisites, and roadmap development.
- Scott has lead several large GRC implementations such as a recently helping a large industrial products company design and implement a risk management framework that assigns ownership and accountability for policy objectives and specific control obligations across more than 30,000 business processes globally.
- Scott has recently led development of an MS SharePoint solution accelerator framework that supports rapid development of business solutions utilising a combination of MS technologies and 3rd party tools.
- Scott has been a key leader of the Risk Technologies’ team that has made the Governance Portal an industry recognised Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) enterprise platform. He has specifically lead efforts to establish an India operational center to deliver cost-effective solutions while maintaining high client satisfaction and executing the road map. He has also lead analyst outreach efforts that have resulted in Protiviti being ranked in key analyst publications including Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and Forrester’s Wave report.
Area of Expertise
- IT Consulting
- Risk Technology Solutions
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Consumer Products
- Technology & Media
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- BS, Finance, University of Illinois
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)