Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2021 and 2030
Key issues being discussed in the boardroom and C-suite
The range of uncertainties facing business leaders around the globe in 2021 is overwhelming.
Challenges triggered by a once-in-a-century pandemic continue to unfold combined with numerous other risk issues, such as growing social unrest and polarisation, and ever-present challenges ranging from new technologies and digitisation innovations to ever-changing markets, strategies and business models. Staying abreast of emerging risk issues and opportunities is becoming increasingly difficult.
Protiviti and NC State University’s ERM Initiative are pleased to provide this report focusing on the top risks currently on the minds of global boards of directors and executives. This report contains results from our ninth annual risk survey of directors and executives worldwide to obtain their views on the extent to which a broad collection of risks is likely to affect their organisations over the next year – 2021. Also, for the first time, this year we asked respondents to consider how these risks will affect their organisations a decade from now (in 2030).
We are pleased with the global reach of our survey this year, with strong participation from 1,081 board members and executives across a variety of industries. Our survey captures insights from C-suite executives and directors, 39% of whom represent companies based in North America, 19% in Europe, 17% in Asia and Australia/New Zealand, and the remaining 25% from Latin America, India, Africa and the Middle East.
Learn More about Top Risks Affecting Executives
Watch the videos or download Protiviti’s Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2021 and 2030 survey report here.
Top Risks Snapshot: Do these align to your organisation's Top Risks?
Listen and Learn
- On-Demand Webinar: Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2021 and 2030
- Protiviti Powerful Insights Podcast: Top 10 Risks
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2020
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2019
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2018
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2017
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2016
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2015
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2014
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2013