The world has changed. But SOX work goes on. Organisations required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act no doubt are experiencing this sentiment firsthand in recent weeks. The COVID-19 global pandemic has caused seismic shifts in companies of all sizes. The impact worldwide has been well-documented and will continue to evolve not only for the remainder of 2020, but certainly in the years to come as organisations transition to the new equilibrium.
In this webinar, we will present relevant data points and insights on today’s environment of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Following this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explore why many organisations experienced increases in their SOX compliance costs and hours during their last fiscal year
- Discuss solutions for potential activities where the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the ability to conduct on-side reviews of controls and related documentation.
- Outline why it is time to embrace automation as we adjust to a new business equilibrium.
Produced in partnership with:
No prerequisites required. Level: basic. Field of study: Audit. Instruction delivery method: Group Internet Based. Elements of Engagement: Polling Questions.
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. For more information regarding administrative policies, complaints and refunds please contact the Protiviti CPE Administrator at [email protected].
- Brian Christensen, Executive Vice-President, Global Internal Audit, Protiviti
- Jason Sechrist, Director of Audit Solutions, AuditBoard
- Terry Hartzog, Managing Director, Protiviti
- Kristen Kelly, Associate Director, Protiviti