Cyber Security (Senior) Consultant
Protiviti is an international and independent advisory organization and is among the top consulting firms in risk and business consulting, and internal audit services. Our overall vision and mission is to be the most trusted global consulting firm that delivers confidence in a dynamic world. Protiviti has 7000+ employees worldwide with professionals in more than 85 offices across the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed company Robert Half International.
Protiviti The Netherlands is located at the Zuidas in Amsterdam from where it serves appealing national and international clients across a wide variety of industries and sectors. The team of more than 80 employees is very diverse and includes many different nationalities. We are a team of ambitious, passionate professionals striving for best results. Working together is based on team spirit, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit in an informal atmosphere. This culture is further reinforced by regular social events.
Protiviti The Netherlands has three main solutions:
- Technology Consulting
- Internal Audit and Financial Advisory
- Business Performance Improvement
About Technology Consulting:
Every business is an information technology business. We focus on the business issues of our clients and provide information technology consulting to meet our clients’ needs, from rapid response to long-term solutions. As new technologies emerge, Protiviti is here to help clients embrace and accelerate the adoption of the right technology to their unique needs.
We focus on the following core solution offerings:
- Cyber Security and Privacy: we combine deep technical security competence with a thorough understanding of business administration, enterprise risk management and control. This profile makes us a trusted business partner in the boardroom as well as for technical specialists. Our holistic approach starts by understanding what is most important to organizations, then structuring and supporting programs so your business is engineered to grow securely. Specific services include:
- Security Program and Strategy
- Managed Security Services
- Digital Identity
- Incident Response and Cyber Resilience
- Data Security
- Data Privacy
- Attack and Penetration
- Cloud Security
- Technology Strategy & Governance: we help our clients to mature both their technology and technology management capabilities. From establishing strategy, defining and implementing future state solutions, to supporting ongoing delivery of services, we consistently provide highly-value IT process and infrastructure solutions.
- Enterprise Applications Solutions: support in the selection and implementation of (ERP) applications, broad advice on IT strategy or specific advice on, for example, authorization models or the design of application controls.
Our peoples’ knowledge and experience combined with our long-lasting client relationships we are uniquely positioned to provide hands-on technology consulting services that deliver value by helping our clients navigate the dynamic landscape of threats, risks, audit and compliance.
The role of a (Senior) Consultant:
We are looking for a (Senior) Consultant who can deliver our Cyber Security assessment and improvement projects to our clients. You will be working within ambitious, skilled and knowledgeable Protiviti teams, at and with clients, on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be improving, educating and helping our clients that are facing security challenges for which they require a structured, one-off, assessment or improvement effort. You’ll work on projects that can take anywhere from multiple days to multiple months, and for a variety of clients and industries. The role is challenging and requires flexibility and agility to adapt to each unique engagement that you’ll encounter.
Example projects include:
- Security improvements projects for capabilities such as:
- Vulnerability management
- Security monitoring (SIEM)
- System hardening
- Governance improvements such as:
- Strategy, policies and procedures writing
- Security awareness
- Defining security organization target operating models
- Setting up playbooks and standard operating procedures
- Penetration testing, phishing simulations and red teaming
- Risk assessments and internal audit assignments on Cyber Security and IT topics
Within the role you’ll be challenged with demanding and ambitious client projects, and will have ample opportunity to grow your knowledge, skills and experience. We offer great and clear opportunities for career advancement within the office and possibilities to make your next career step in our international network of Protiviti office around the world.
- University degree; preferably within Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM profile);
- 3-6 years (Senior Consultant) or 0-3 years (Consultant) of relevant experience, such as:
- Security consulting services;
- Operational roles such as Security Officer, Security Analyst, Security Engineer, etc.;
- Leading Security implementation projects;
- Ethical hacking/pentesting/phishing exercises, etc.
- Experienced in working in a project setting with defined scope, deliverables, time and budgets;
- Experience with Cyber Security frameworks such as NIST, ISF, CIS Controls, ISO, PCI-DSS;
- Hands-on experience with the implementation of IT solutions is a plus;
- Professional accreditations such as CISSP and CISM are a plus;
- Risk, compliance and audit experience are a plus;
- A well-developed understanding of business processes (finance, logistics, supply chain, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.) is a plus;
- Fluent in English, preferably also in Dutch (or eager to learn);
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
In addition to excellent primary and secondary benefits, Protiviti offers you challenging projects and the opportunity to help build an entrepreneurial consulting firm that is part of a global consulting organization.
Working at Protiviti means entrepreneurship within an international (knowledge) environment, flexibility, personal development and cooperation. You’ll work with great people and become part of a rapidly growing office that is highly valued by our clients.
Would you like to receive more information or apply for a job? Please contact Kim Boxum at +31(0)20-346.0400 or [email protected].