Managing Director and Country Market Lead
Ewen is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Sydney office working with clients in the UK, Australia and USA. Ewen is highly experienced across multiple IT platforms as well as business engagement of IT systems. Having worked across a full spectrum of IT related issues, Ewen’s business knowledge and experience across a number of industries has exposed him to a diverse range of IT related issues. Specialising in programme/project management roles that have focused on process and technology change, Ewen has worked on a number of software development projects utilising both new and traditional development methodologies. Ewen is a Certified Information Systems Auditor and a PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- Advised projects on technology and security risks at a large Australian financial services institution. Ewen’s work included performing technology risk assessments and advising on appropriate controls. A number of the projects involve outsourcing and offshoring, requiring consideration of the risks inherent in these types of arrangements, as well as potential APRA notification/consultation.
- Led the pre-implementation review of an ERP system for a global client, identifying key considerations for remediation prior to completion of the project.
- Led Protiviti’s IT audit work at an Australian medical insurer including performance of an IT assessment to identify audit themes. Audits included application development, reinsurance, IT operations and information security.
- Reviewed the Project Management and Agile development practices in place at an outsourced developer of digital TV equipment software for a major UK broadcaster, presented findings and recommendations for improvement to the broadcaster’s steering committee and programme management.
- Led the programme management of a troubled IT controls remediation programme at a major global insurance company and successfully implemented changes.
- Defined the organisational structure and governance model to support the delivery of the Commercial Development & IT Programme for a global hospitality company, including defining the structure and functions of the PMO, and the communication and governance processes.
- Assisted a team that delivered an End User Application Controls project at a major global investment and retail bank, providing subject matter expertise to the client’s senior level personnel and steering groups.
- MEng, University of Surrey, UK
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- ISACA, Certified Information Systems Auditor
- PRINCE2 Practitioner