Protiviti assists client in acquiring a professional sports team and arena complex
Our client, a minority owner of a professional sports franchise and arena complex, wanted to acquire the remaining controlling stake in the entities
Protiviti assisted in the capital-raising process wherein we played an active role interacting with potential equity investors and the secured lender.
Working closely with the minority owner and all parties involved, we successfully helped close this high-profile transaction
Our client, a minority owner of a professional sports franchise and arena complex, wanted to acquire the remaining controlling stake in the entities and sought Protiviti’s assistance in raising additional equity capital and obtaining bank debt financing.
As part of the engagement, Protiviti assisted in the capital-raising process wherein we played an active role interacting with potential equity investors and the secured lender. Our consultants:
- Developed the marketing materials, including investor and lender presentations that were distributed to potential capital providers.
- Prepared integrated financial statement projection models that detailed the entities’ potential operating performance and key assumptions, including the impact of potential collective bargaining agreement changes, cost restructuring initiatives and revenue enhancements.
- Assisted legal counsel in the review of the credit agreement and assisted in negotiating the financial covenants of the agreement.
- Performed ad hoc financial analyses and scenario-based modeling as requested by interested parties.
- Monitored the company’s cash flows and updated our materials accordingly as the sales process progressed.
Working closely with the minority owner and all parties involved, we successfully helped close this high-profile transaction, which provided the desired outcome to our client.
How We Help Companies Succeed
Merging two or more organisations is a complex transaction filled with risk. The best deals follow a structured and disciplined approach with clear strategic objectives, comprehensive due diligence, detailed integration plans, and a focus on creating and capturing value. Although such planned approaches may sound simple, history shows many failed M&A attempts that have resulted in significant impacts to shareholder value.
Our structure allows us to respond quickly to your needs on a global basis with cross-disciplined teams that bring broad perspectives and extensive expertise capable of leading the transaction PMO and work streams and diving deep into a variety of business and regulatory issues. With our structure, we are uniquely able to deploy a flexible delivery model that adapts to the constantly changing fixed and variable resourcing needs of each transaction.