Raymond is a seasoned consultant with over 13 years’ experience in financial service industry, covering wide spectrum of risk and compliance topics including operational risk management, KYC/AML, regulatory compliance, regulatory licensing, regulatory technology, target operating model, transformation and internal audit. Along his professional career, Raymond has demonstrated ability of managing senior stakeholders, strong project management capability, in-depth functional knowledge as well as solid understanding on business models and operation processes across front to back functions in financial service industry.
- Led and managed a team to define AML target operating model for a global European bank to reduce false positive alerts, investigation turnaround time, reduce backlogs etc. The review covered governance, role and responsibility matrix, operating process, technology as well as transaction monitoring rules/logics.
- Led and managed a team for a KYC remediation project with focus on high risk customer for a global European bank; provided recommendation to head of compliance to enhance KYC process and controls based on the observation during remediation process. Worked as a head of risk management department to assist a major Japanese bank to obtain banking license from HKMA and setup banking operations in Hong Kong; established risk management (operational/credit/market/liquidity risk) and corporate governance framework; conducted risk monitoring and reporting regularly.
- Assisted a major consumer finance company in Hong Kong to develop key risk and compliance policies for application of virtual banking licence from HKMA; Advised clients on licensing process, priorities and challenges.
- Advised several major payment companies on licensing strategy and application process for Stored Valued Facilities (SVF) license from HKMA; adopted a pragmatic approach to manage licensing application process and assisted to develop business plan, financial projections and policies and procedures for risk management, KYC/AML, compliance, operating procedures and corporate governance.
- Implemented a operational risk target operating model (TOM) in Asia for a global European bank by defining implementation roadmap, defining and monitoring program governance and providing training and BAU supports. Represented Asia to work with other country teams (UK and US) to redesign the TOM including organization framework and governance, operational risk management framework, risk metric and reporting tool in order to meet the recommendations raised by regulators.
- B.B.A. – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – Majoring in Finance and Economics
Professional memberships and certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Financial Services
Areas of expertise
- KYC / AML
- Regulatory Compliance and Licensing
- Operational Risk and Internal Controls