Dylan has over 15 years of experience performing internal audits and advising clients on risk management, compliance and regulatory matters. His client experience includes global financial institutions including several large global banks where he largely consulted on risk management and compliance practices comparing client needs to industry best practices. Prior to Protiviti, Dylan was an Associate Director at Navigant Consulting in Washington D.C. within the Consumer Finance practice and started his career at Deloitte in McLean V.A. within the Audit and Assurance practice.
- Led an internal audit review of the two largest mortgage lenders (GSE’s). Identified and evaluated the operational risk of Real Estate Owned (REO) vendor management. Ascertained inherent and residual risk, risk due to changing conditions, risk due to fraud, and unmitigated weaknesses in the control environment. Led walkthroughs, documentation, process flow charts, and SWOT analysis. Identified key risks and drafted audit reports in view of the focus of risk management and governance.
- Planned, managed, executed and reported various Internal Audit projects for a Global US Investment Bank, covering risks and impacts of issues identified on reviews, presenting and agreeing appropriate recommendations, remediation plans and timeline with stakeholders, taking into consideration of time and resource limitations. Areas include Corporate Treasury function related to Long Term Debt, Cash Flows and FAS 107 disclosures, Asset and Wealth management, Corporate Technology, Credit Trading and Risk Management.
- Performed independent review of a Large Middle East Bank’s Special Investigations Group within AML Investigations. Analysed different customer portfolio and reviewed cases for fraudulent checks for loans and equity lines provided. Interviewed certain customers and their parties for case information. Reviewed cases and measured the risk in which losses are calculated and illustrated different strategies to prevent losses. Reviewed documentation around investigations and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), in addition to reviewing documentation provided to regulators.
- Led independent quality assurance for the U.S. Department of Treasury reviewing Mortgage Home Affordability Compliance (MHAC) servicer workpapers to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency. Responsible for the review of eight of the largest servicers by performing reviews of controls and substantive testing to ascertain whether risks were appropriately identified and mitigated in accordance with MHAC audit methodology, and assuring that finalized workpapers were compliant with the U.S. Department of Treasury quality control requirements.
- For a global private equity firm specializing in Equity Investments, Credit Investments, Real Estate, Asset Management and Investment Banking, reviewed Investment Processes including Governance, Control Environment, and Investment Operational Processes to assess if they have been designed effectively. Review included performing test of controls and developing an investment policy and procedure manual.
- MBA – Texas A&M University – Commerce
- BBA – Kennesaw State University
Professional memberships and certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Financial Services
- Government Sponsored Entities (GSEs)
Areas of expertise
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Financial Investigations
- Internal Audit