Dylan is a senior level professional with over 15 years of experience in risk management, internal audit, and compliance. He has progressive managerial experience in financial service companies, public accounting firm and consulting organisation. His core strengths include an expansive technical finance base, solid hands-on capabilities, leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills. These core strengths have been leveraged in leading operational units, as well as the successful completion of initiatives of all sizes and levels of complexity within financial service firms.
His key client experience includes global financial institutions including several large global banks, development banks, sovereign wealth funds, private equity firms and large government entities in North America, Middle East, and Asia. Dylan started his career at Deloitte in McLean V.A. within the External Audit and Assurance practice.
- ERM Compliance SME for a large global Insurance firm related to their Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) programme related to their enterprise risk management framework and current and prospective solvency positions complying with Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) regulations. Ensured that the firms implemented a risk management framework to identify and monitor and manage risks.
- Created and rolled out Non-Financial Risk (NFR) governance process to ensure consistent identification and management of NFR risks throughout the delivery lifecycle across the bank. Reviewed and validated NFR attestation and ensure compliance to governance and tooling systems according to mandatory change standards.
- Led the global controls workstream for a Finance Treasury Transformation project pursuant to a Bank of England (BOE) requirement related to assessing the resolvability and assessment requirements for reporting and public disclosure. As part of the Controls workstream, 2nd line of defense, led, and managed the Design and Operating Effectiveness Reviews and discussions with Risk Stewards related to non-financial risks at a global level.
- Performed remediation related to Internal Audit, Operational Risk, and skilled person review findings at a regional and country level. Remediation activities included performing a look across review for 19 APAC countries, performed a local significant risk review across the region, developing guidance related to external event management, executive reporting for significant fraud events. Partnered with the compliance transformation team on various FCC system initiatives including developing a remediation playbook at a regional level.
- For a large Development Bank performed an end-to-end credit review of small and medium sized loans for industrial and commercial projects; export and import credit facilities to local industries; and assistance to industrial projects in obtaining loans from other local, regional, or international sources. Led a credit review that included review of controls related to a portfolio of small and medium sized enterprise (SME) loans at 9 separate partner banks. Performed sustainability reporting requirements per the bank’s requirements.
- Led an internal audit review of the two largest mortgage lenders (GSE’s). Identified and evaluated the operational risk of Real Estate Owned (REO) vendor management. Ascertained inherent and residual risk, risk due to changing conditions, risk due to fraud, and unmitigated weaknesses in the control environment. Led walkthroughs and conducted process documentation. Identified key risks and drafted audit reports in view of the focus of risk management and governance.
- Planned, managed, executed, and reported various Internal Audit projects for a Global US Investment Bank, covering risks and impacts of issues identified on reviews, presenting, and agreeing appropriate recommendations, remediation plans and timeline with stakeholders, taking into consideration of time and resource limitations. Areas include Corporate Treasury function related to Long Term Debt, Cash Flows and FAS 107 disclosures, Asset and Wealth management, Corporate Technology, Credit Trading and Risk Management.
- Performed independent review of a Large Middle East Bank’s Special Investigations Group within AML Investigations. Analysed different customer portfolio and reviewed cases for fraudulent checks for loans and equity lines provided. Interviewed certain customers and their parties for case information. Reviewed cases and measured the risk in which losses are calculated and illustrated different strategies to prevent losses. Reviewed documentation around investigations and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), in addition to reviewing documentation provided to regulators.
- Led independent quality assurance for the U.S. Department of Treasury reviewing Mortgage Home Affordability Compliance (MHAC) servicer workpapers to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency. Responsible for the review of eight of the largest servicers by performing reviews of controls and substantive testing to ascertain whether risks were appropriately identified and mitigated in accordance with MHAC audit methodology and assuring that finalised workpapers were compliant with the U.S. Department of Treasury quality control requirements.
- For a global private equity firm specialising in Equity Investments, Credit Investments, Real Estate, Asset Management, and Investment Banking, reviewed Investment Processes including Governance, Control Environment, and Investment Operational Processes to assess if they have been designed effectively. Review included performing test of controls and developing an investment policy and procedure manual.
- Executive Education (Sustainability Strategies)– University of Cambridge
- MBA – Texas A&M University – Commerce
- BBA – Kennesaw State University
Professional memberships and certifications
- Certified Sustainability Professional / ESG (GRI)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Financial Services
- Government Sponsored Entities (GSEs)
Areas of expertise
- Risk Management
- Third Party Vendor Management
- ESG / Sustainability
- Credit Reviews
- Business Continuity Management
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Investigations
- Internal Audit
- Regulatory Compliance