Graduated from the top French engineering school Ecole Polytechnique, Phi is a seasoned professional with strong expertise as a Certified Public Accountant, qualified Actuary and GARP Certified Finance Risk Manager.
Phi has more than 20 years of experience in the finance industry - retail and investment banking, life and non-life insurance, fintechs - from 6 years as Deputy CFO of a international banking group, and 16 years in consulting leading teams as Director of a London based management consulting firm and as Senior Manager - Financial Services, at Deloitte Paris and Andersen Paris.
His experience covers audit, insurance actuarial modeling, credit risk, market risk, IFRS accounting, regulatory requirements and risk management.
During his career, he has been in charge of a number of high profile, large projects for international groups. Lately Phi has performed fintech due diligence engagements and led data quality / data analytics projects.
- Project manager for a global bank on BREXIT ETD / OTC Client Clearing migration from London to Paris
- IFRS 9 project manager and modeler (PD, LGD, EAD, ECL under SAS) for 10 subsidiaries of a major banking Group
- Fintech due diligence and Seed/Series A valuation (scorecard method), insurance sector B2B2C
- Data quality and data analytics for major banking groups (asset management, IRB models, securitizations)
- Deputy CFO of a large international banking group whose activities covers retail banking, a trading floor, life insurance, asset management and emerging markets (Asia Pacific, Africa). 40 billion euro of total assets. In charge of Group Controlling, Financial Communication, Sarbanes-Oxley, Finance and regulatory projects departments.
- Retail banking, Investment banking, Life insurance, non-Life insurance, reinsurance audit
- Life and non-Life actuarial audit and modelling
- Head of Finance and Reserving Life insurance. Local GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS. Fast close and IT migration project.
- Mergers & Acquisitions for Life, non-Life, Retail banking, Reinsurance, Pensions activities
- Lead project Manager for the Lebanon Insurance Code (accounting and regulatory)
Areas of Expertise
- Finance & Accounting
- Modelling (Actuarial, Credit, Market)
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Internal Audit
- Retail Banking
- Investment Banking
- Life Insurance
- Non-Life Insurance
- Ecole Polytechnique (top French engineering school)
- Mines de Paris
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Qualified Actuary
- GARP Certified FRM
- X-Finance group member