Country Leader and Managing Director
- Ashraf has more than 25 years of experience in providing risk advisory services to clients operating in multiple jurisdictions such as North Africa, Middle East and Europe. He also served many government organizations in Egypt and the UAE.
- He was the Partner in Charge of Risk Advisory Services in Deloitte Egypt, Malta and the UAE in the period from 2003 till 2015. During his tenure he led a large number of risk advisory professionals in conducting a wide range of engagements ranging from compliance services, internal audit, security services, business process re-engineering to assessing corporate governance practices and risk management frameworks. He also led many fraud investigation assignments in different industries.
- Ashraf served as the Regional Donors work and Hospitality Leader in Deloitte Middle East and led assignments in number of countries in North Africa, Europe and the GCC.
- Ashraf was a Becker CPA lead instructor for a number of years teaching Audit, Business Law and Financial Accounting.
- Several compliance audit and capacity building assignments with the World Bank, European Union, Swiss Fund, DANIDA and local NGO’s.
- Designed and implemented the Corporate Governance Infrastructure in one of the largest Groups in the Middle East with day to day interaction with Board Members, Board Committees, C-Suit and Line managers.
- Led internal Audit and control assessment assignments for 30+ Hilton Hotels in Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia, Starwood in the Middle East, Cairo Marriott Hotel, Conrad Dubai, Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi, Novotel and Adagio Abu Dhabi, Kempinski Gozo Malta and W Hotel Paris.
- Participated in Financial and Tax Due Diligence in different industries including trading, freight, hospitality and manufacturing.
- Established a world class risk consulting practice (Enterprise Risk Services) within Deloitte Egypt providing GRC, internal audit (outsourcing and co-sourcing), and Fraud Investigation Services and employing over 35 professionals in different levels. Establishing the ERS Practice in Deloitte Malta specializing in GRC, Anti Money Laundry, FCPA and related services.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit, Corporate Governance
- Risk Management, Security Services
- NGO and Donors
- Real Estate and Contracting
- Government and State-Owned Enterprises
- Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical
- Higher Education
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting, Ain Shams University
- Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant, (CPA) – Member of the AICPA
- Certified Internal Auditor, (CIA), Member of the IIA
- Certified Fraud Examiner, (CFE), Member of the ACFE
- Certified in Risk and Information System Controls, (CRISC), Member of AISACA