Internal Auditing Around the World
Volume 18: The Future of Work is Here
What does the future hold for the internal audit profession? Protiviti explores this question at some level in every annual edition of Internal Auditing Around the World®.
Internal audit functions have played a vital role in helping businesses reach the point where they can start thinking more about what’s next than just what has been and what is. And now, internal audit leaders and audit committees need to consider what internal audit must do to support the business moving forward — and what the function itself can do to recruit and develop the talent it needs to meet its objectives and realize its own vision for the future.
Since launching this publication 18 years ago, Protiviti has documented the work that internal audit leaders are doing to prepare themselves and their teams for the future — and we’ve observed them growing increasingly more confident about the future because of these efforts. Many of the leaders featured in this year’s publication have told us that they see the internal audit function becoming only more vital to the business in the years ahead. They also expect auditors to have even more opportunities to engage in meaningful, exciting and innovative work.
The organizations profiled in the 2022 edition of this book represent a cross-section of countries and industries and include Ahold Delhaize, AstraZeneca, Bacardi, Commerzbank AG, ConocoPhillips, DKSH, Ooredoo, SoFi and Zimmer Biomet.
Through our interviews with these leaders, we learned that their aim, generally, is seeing their teams and the businesses they support emerge from this unusual period in history stronger and more agile than before. To achieve that, their organizations are implementing flexible work models, embracing new skill sets, taking advantage of emerging technologies, and applying an innovative approach and mindset to their work.
View Previous Volumes:
- Vol. 17: Going Beyond Limits to Build Resiliency
- Vol. 16: The Future Auditor Has Arrived
- Vol. 15: Next-Gen Internal Audit - Are You Ready?
- Vol. 14: Taking on Digital
- Vol. 13: Navigating the Complexities of Corporate Culture
- Vol. 12: Perspectives from Women in Audit Leadership Roles - How Technology Is Impacting Internal Audit Functions
- Vol. 11: Strengthening the Profile of Internal Audit
- Vol. 10: Building on Experience to Shape the Future Auditor
- Vol. 9: Partnering Effectively Across the Organization
- Vol. 8: How Internal Audit Functions Develop Great People
- Vol. 7: Internal Audit's Role in Leading Enterprise Risk Management Initiatives
- Vol. 6: Profiles of Technology-Enabled Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies
- Vol. 5: Profiles of Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies Undergoing Significant Change
- Vol. 4: Profiles of Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies
- Vol. 3: Profiles of Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies
- Vol. 2: Profiles of Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies
- Vol. 1: Profiles of Internal Audit Functions at Leading International Companies