As the global leader of Protiviti Forensic, Mr. Moritz assists clients in managing their response to "bet the company" event-driven financial crime, misconduct and bribery investigations which entail working with company leadership, the audit committee, outside auditors, legal counsel and the law enforcement and regulatory agencies with whom the results of the investigation will eventually be shared. He has extensive experience in assisting companies to pursue avenues of recovery through asset searches and the preparation of D&O and Fidelity insurance claims. Mr. Moritz also has extensive anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and fraud risk management advisory and auditing expertise and has worked with some of the world's largest companies to strengthen their ethics and compliance, anti-corruption compliance, fraud risk management and AML programs.
He is widely regarded as a leading authority on white collar crime, anti-corruption and in the evaluation, design, remediation, implementation and administration of corporate compliance programs, codes of conduct and in the establishment, training and oversight of the investigative protocols carried out by financial intelligence, corporate security and internal audit units. He innovated the use of risk scoring and enabling technologies in an anti-corruption context to identify, investigate and remediate high risk commercial relationships and case manage overall compliance processes and has participated in the strategic design and implementation of some of the world’s leading ethics & compliance programs.
Mr. Moritz was previously a managing director in the Global Investigations & Compliance practice at Navigant Consulting, was amongst the four founding executive directors of Daylight Forensic & Advisory before its sale to Navigant, held leadership positions in the forensic practices at KPMG and PwC and served as an FBI Special Agent for nearly 10 years where he focused on white collar crime, domestic and international corruption and racketeering matters including numerous investigations of organized crime’s control over private sanitation.
- Conducted and overseen many event-driven, complex financial crime and bribery investigations including those involving corruption of government officials, Ponzi schemes, bank fraud, kickbacks, vendor fraud, bribery, asset-backed lending fraud, money laundering, theft of intellectual property, embezzlement and securities fraud across a broad spectrum of industries including private sanitation, construction, pharmaceutical, life sciences, sovereign wealth funds, commercial and retail banking, investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, stock brokerage, insurance, software, hardware, semiconductor, telecommunications, oil and gas, drilling and exploration, automotive, transportation, heavy industrial and consulting.
- Led projects in China, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, India, Russia, Ukraine, Qatar, Azerbaijan, the Republic of Georgia, Latvia, Slovakia, Hungary, Argentina, Uruguay, Trinidad, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Paraguay, Chile, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Turkey as well as many hundreds of investigations throughout the U.S.
- Evaluated and remediated many corporate compliance and ethics programs including those focused on anti-corruption, fraud risk management and anti-money laundering.
- He is widely considered to be an expert in the integration of traditional investigate techniques into ethics & compliance programs and sought after as a speaker, commentator and author including appearances on MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, FOX and Bloomberg TV and frequent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, Compliance Week, the FCPA Report, the FCPA Blog, ForeignPolicy.com, Law.com, Law360 and the Miami Herald.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Crime
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Corporate Intelligence
- Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical
- Waste Disposal
- Financial Services
- Hardware & Software
- Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
- Oil & Gas
- B.S. – Marketing & Management – Jacksonville University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Society of Former FBI Special Agents
- FBI Agents Association
- Board of Advisors, Economic Crime & Cyber Security Institute (“ECCI”), Utica College
- Founder, Former FBI Agent Networking Group - LinkedIn