Steve is a Managing Director and the Office Lead of Protiviti Canberra, and has almost 30 years’ experience, providing assurance services to a significant number of organisations, including major national companies and to major government agencies. Steve has performed and been responsible for many internal audits, IT audits and other consultancy assignments for a wide range of public sector agencies.
- Assurance and audit service delivery: Steve led the co-source internal audit service provision to the Department of Defence Audit and Fraud Control Division (AFCD) from October 2008 to December 2017. Steve was the Lead Partner of this service and was involved in conducting a range of audit projects that were assigned from the Audit Work Program linked to Defence’s Strategic Risk Assessment, and several Senior Management directed tasks.
- Assurance and audit service delivery: Steve led assurance and audit service delivery to IP Australia from October 2013 – December 2017 and was responsible for key assurance projects including reviews of operational, financial, ICT, cyber and program areas across the entire organisation as well as the completion of a range of management initiated tasks.
- Assurance and audit service delivery: Steve led assurance and audit service delivery to the Department of Environment and Energy as well as agencies within the portfolio including Director of National Parks from January 2015 – December 2017. He was responsible for various assurance assignments such as Performance Reporting and Evaluation Framework Review, Induction and Training Review, Detailed review of the Grant Management of NESP, Product Stewardship Review, Payroll Data Analytic Review, Regulatory Decision Making Review as well as a Review of the Consultation Process for the Commonwealth Marine Reserve.
- Compliance management framework review: Steve was lead partner on a major assignment for DIBP to assess the Compliance Management Framework. The assignment was a complex review of the existing Framework in place with a deliverable of implementing and integrating a contemporary Compliance Management Framework.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Enterprise Wide Risk Management
- Governance, risk and control
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Charted Accountant, Institute of Charted Accountants in Australia
- Registered Company Auditor
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia