Lauren is a Managing Director in the Melbourne office and Protiviti’s Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Solution Lead with over 14 years' experience in governance, risk, and internal controls. Lauren specialises in enhancing organisational capabilities by reducing red tape, successfully delivering solutions across multiple industries including health, higher education, government, consumer products and energy. Lauren has a diverse background having worked across multiple markets and geographies including Australia, the United States and the Middle East.
Lauren has extensive experience working with various stakeholder groups including boards, audit committees, executive management teams and line management staff and has acted as an active member and contributor to the Institute of Internal Auditors since 2014.
- Internal Audit: Lauren works closely with Garran Duncan to manage and execute delivery of the reviews of the data integrity models within the Victorian public health system through the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Internal Audit: Lauren led the Internal Audit, data analytics and controls transformation program at Melbourne Health, including the Royal Melbourne Hospital, North Western Mental Health, Royal District Nursing Services (RDNS) and Rural NorthWest Health.
- Compliance: Lauren was a key contributor on a compliance project for a large disability services provider which examined the duty of care and incident management requirements from a legislative, regulatory and internal process compliance perspective.
- Risk Management: Lauren supported a VAGO review of the Victorian Government Risk Management Framework (VGRMF) which resulted in the 2015 updated version. She also provided assistance to VMIA to update its Risk Management Practice Guide and supporting processes.
- Risk Management: Lauren led the development of risk management fact sheets, tools and templates as well as guidance materials to support the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy for the Department of Finance (Comcover). Additionally, Lauren has provided technical risk management assistance to Comcover’s risk management education programs, including the development and review of content.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Controls Transformation
- Health & Life Sciences
- Consumer Business
- Master’s in risk management
- Bachelor Commerce / Arts
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors