Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2021 and 2030
What are the key issues for the boardroom and C-suite?
The range of uncertainties facing business leaders around the globe in 2021 is overwhelming.
Challenges triggered by a once-in-a-century pandemic continue to unfold combined with numerous other risk issues, such as growing social unrest and polarisation, and ever-present challenges ranging from new technologies and digitisation innovations to ever-changing markets, strategies and business models. Staying abreast of emerging risk issues and opportunities is becoming increasingly difficult.
Protiviti and NC State University’s ERM Initiative are pleased to provide this report focusing on the top risks currently on the minds of global boards of directors and executives. This report contains results from our ninth annual risk survey of directors and executives worldwide to obtain their views on the extent to which a broad collection of risks is likely to affect their organisations over the next year – 2021. Also, for the first time, this year we asked respondents to consider how these risks will affect their organisations a decade from now (in 2030).
Now Open! Global Survey for Top Risks in 2022 and Beyond
The range of uncertainties facing business leaders around the globe in 2021 is considerable – but looking ahead, what do you see as the key risks for 2022 and beyond? What are other leading executives around the world discussing in their boardrooms?
Please take 15 minutes to share your invaluable insights with us on the top risks likely to affect businesses in 2022 and over the next decade.
We are pleased with the global reach of our survey this year, with strong participation from 1,081 board members and executives across a variety of industries. Our survey captures insights from C-suite executives and directors, 39% of whom represent companies based in North America, 19% in Europe, 17% in Asia and Australia/New Zealand, and the remaining 25% from Latin America, India, Africa and the Middle East.
Australia Executive Summary
This executive summary outlines the responses from the board of directors and executives of organisations headquartered globally, with a particular focus on Australia and New Zealand (AuNZ). The summary provides a brief description of our methodology and an overview of the overall risk concerns for 2021 and 2030, followed by a review of the results by type of executive position. Out of the 1,081 board members and executives surveyed globally, 249 were based in the Asia Pacific region and 82 within AuNZ.
Protiviti in the news
Visit our latest press releases on the Top Risks Survey
- Australian executives more concerned about business adaptation than global counterparts: Protiviti survey
- Australian executives believe effects of pandemic will still affect businesses in 2030: Protiviti study
Find out more about the Top Risks from our Risk & Compliance experts
Top Risks Snapshot: Do these align to your organisation's Top Risks?
Listen and Learn
- On-Demand Webinar: Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2021 and 2030
- Protiviti Powerful Insights Podcast: Top 10 Risks
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2020
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2019
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2018
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2017
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2016
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2015
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2014
- Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2013