Rick is a Managing Director in the Salt Lake City office of Protiviti. He is also the Global Consumer Products & Services Industry Leader. He has 28 years experience in public and private accounting, including process solutions, business consulting, and internal audit. He has expert internal audit skills in developing risk assessments, annual audit plan development, process analysis, benchmarking, corporate compliance, corporate governance, project management, store audits and technical support.
Established an internal audit function for a large public company with decentralised retail operations.
Designed and implemented store audit self-assessor program to audit 100% of retail stores.
Improved store compliance from an overall score of 72% to 95.5%.
- Performed internal audits of supply chain functions focusing on reasonable internal controls and efficient operations.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Southern Utah University
Masters of Fine Arts, University of Utah
Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Utah
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Certified Public Accountant
- California Society of CPAs
- Certified Management Accountant