Steve has 30 years of experience providing business consulting and financial services to clients in various industries, primarily technology and consumer products entities.
He leads Protiviti' s Public Company Transformation solution and has extensive SEC practice experience. He has served on the board of directors of three companies, one as Chairman and two as Audit Committee Chair.
Prior to joining Protiviti in 2006, he was a partner at KPMG for three years and spent over 20 years at Arthur Andersen.
Representative Engagements Include
- He has served more than 100 public companies during his career with assistance in IPO, international expansion and numerous operational issues. He has significant experience in assisting clients dealing with complex accounting issues, including revenue recognition, stock based compensation, acquisitions, IPO preparation, IFRS, and income taxes
- He has served as an Advisory Partner for a number of public companies and has assisted numerous clients with SEC investigations, inquiries, financial restatements and comment letters, including frequent interaction the Office of Chief Accountant and legal counsel
- Has consulted many accelerated filers with their SOX 404 certifications. Assisted numerous public and private companies with the whistle blower and fraud detection provisions of SOX
- Has advised/ led projects numerous clients on internal control enhancements and rationalization, accounting close, budgeting, benchmarking and other financial analysis
- Has worked closely with several Audit Committees providing assistance with risk identification and monitoring, provisions of SOX and other corporate governance & strategic matters. Managed large, sensitive investigations led by legal counsel commissioned by Audit Committees to identify fraud and illegal acts
- Bachelor & Masters Degrees, Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University
Professional Membership & Certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)