Based in the Chicago office, Scott is a founding Managing Director and serves as the Global Risk Solutions Leader for the IT Consulting, Managing Applications & Data solution focus area, which includes the Software Services solutions segment. He has global responsibility for custom software application development and Microsoft SharePoint implementation practices. He is also responsible for developing, implementing, marketing, selling, and supporting all of our commercial software and practice tools including the integration of third party alliance solutions into our client services across all Solutions and Industry verticals. His specialties include e-GRC software, technology strategic planning, business process re-engineering, application development, systems integration, architecture and design, alliance formation, software selection, project management, software implementation, and data integration/management. He delivers IT consulting solutions which help companies enhance and protect the value of IT for the business and provides clients with valuable expertise to enhance their business performance through risk management, operational effectiveness and profitability. He currently leads a team of nearly 100 software professionals on a global basis.
For five years prior to joining Protiviti, he was a Principal with global responsibility for Andersen's Risk Consulting Technology Integration Services practice. He directed a group of six alliance and development partners, and upwards of 50 people with responsibility for developing and deploying risk technology solutions to clients in all industry sectors. He has nearly 28 years of professional experience, consisting of seven years in internal audit and 21 years in technology management positions, including 10 years at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and 5 years at Andersen.
Representative Engagements Include
- Directed hundreds of custom software application development projects and software implementation projects
- Developed risk technology solutions strategy and related market leading commercial software solutions for Sarbanes-Oxley (SarbOx Portal) and enterprise GRC (Governance Portal)
- Developed software consulting strategy and built national practice focused on custom software development and SharePoint business consulting
- Directed product development of practice tools for Financial Leakage and Spend Risk Optimization, Configuration Controls Assessment, Application Security Assessment, Transactional Data Analysis, Mobile Auditing, and Business Continuity Management
- Spearheaded efforts to establish and implement strategic alliances with SAP, ORACLE, and 20 other software vendors
- While at Andersen, directed development and global deployment of comprehensive risk management tool set to 4,500 risk consulting professionals in 130 local offices
- While at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, provided technology leadership and directed implementation of strategic technology plan and process re-engineering for Futures and Foreign Exchange Division
- BBA, Accounting, University of Iowa
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)