Ryan Rubin is a Managing Director in our EMEA Security & Privacy IT Technology Consulting practice. Ryan is a member of the global leadership team of our IT Consulting business and leads the global Identity & Access Management service line.
Ryan brings more than 17 years of breadth and depth of experience supervising and delivering business focussed risk, security consulting and IT assurance services to corporate clients helping to manage cyber security risk from the boardroom to the network.
Prior to joining Protiviti 8 years ago, Ryan worked for a Big 4 consultancy for over 10 years in their security and IT advisory practice. Ryan has worked on both internal and external audit projects for several FTSE 100 and global Fortune 500 clients.
Ryan has served clients globally across several industries providing a wide breadth of IT risk and governance related consultancy services : strategy & architecture, identity & access management, penetration testing, application and database security, infrastructure implementation, IT audit and due diligence, forensic investigations, risk management.
Ryan has partnered with many large global audit and Information security functions as an SME and has led several specialist Security Consulting projects covering a range work in cyber security, e-crime, networking, Unix, Windows, Wireless, Firewalls, smartcards, software development, Data Privacy, Disaster Recovery, IT Risk Management, IT Transformation, CRM, ERP, Treasury, Compliance (PCI DSS, LINK, Privacy, ISO 2700x, SOX), SIEM/SOC, Identity & Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Security Metrics and Reporting.
Ryan has developed, presented and delivered a variety of IT audit & security training courses and supporting awareness material from ethical hacking, incident response, fraud and e-Crime, PCI DSS and identity management for clients, industry forums (such as ISACA, IIA, RSA) and internal use.
Representative Engagements Include
- Leading EMEA wide PCI DSS, ISO2700x, UK DPA consulting & compliance projects for many retailers, FS service providers, travel, media and hospitality clients.
- Leading teams of investigators to support International Computer forensics and Fraud investigations.
- Managed several Identity & Access Management projects.
- Provided Quality Assurance over several Cyber / Information security consulting and audit engagements.
- Supervised several Virtual CISO / Information Security co-sourcing services.
- Master of Healthcare Administration, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts, Brigham Young University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- WITS university : Comp Sci / App Maths BSc, BSc Hons, MSc (first class)
- Certified information security professional
- Certified information security manager
- Institute for info sec professionals (IISP)
- Certified forensic hacking investigator (CHFI)
- Qual. Payment Card Industry Assessor (QSA)