Rob is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Richmond office with more than 18 years of professional services experience. He is responsible for leading engagements in the areas of corporate restructuring, litigation, financial investigations, and valuation.
- Reorganization/Restructuring: Advises debtors, unsecured creditors and committees, secured lenders, and trustees in out-of-court, Chapter 11, and Chapter 7 proceedings. Services include operations management, cashflow forecasting, debt restructuring, asset identification and disposition, solvency analyses, Plan of Reorganization and Disclosure Statement development, claims adjudication, avoidance action recoveries, and estate winddown..
- Forensic Accounting/Litigation: Leads forensic accounting and financial damages matters related to commercial litigation. These services include assistance with all phase of discovery, damage analyses, and expert report preparation and testimony.
- Business Valuation: Prepares business valuations for use in financial restructurings, litigation and bankruptcy. Industries served include furniture, construction, cable, telecommunications, and energy.
Representative Engagements Include
- LandAmerica Financial Group Liquidation Trusts – $3B company with 180 subsidiaries (financial advisor to the LFG, LES, and SD Trusts)
- The Dominion Club – a large, private golf course and real estate development headquartered in Richmond, Virginia owned by HHHunt Corp. (Chief Restructuring Officer and financial advisor to the Debtor)
- Circuit City Stores, Inc. - $7B retailer of consumer electronics (financial advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors)
- LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services, Inc. – qualified intermediary facilitating $4 billion of 1031 exchanges annually (financial advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors)
- Michael D. Vick – Professional NFL quarterback that filed for Chapter 11 (financial advisor to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors)
- Adelphia – Defended a $1B+ recovery action. Led team that determined solvency, reasonably equivalent value, and adequate capitalization.
- Heilig Meyers, Inc. - $2B retailer of furniture. Defended Wachovia Bank, N.A., the secured lender, in fraudulent conveyance action.
- Virginia Pacific Corporation, et al. – a chip mill, logging operation, and land acquisition company (employed as financial advisor to the Debtor and court-appointed fiduciary/CEO of six affiliated debtor estates)
- ERNI Electronics – a global manufacturer of specialized electronic interconnectors headquartered in Germany (represented Wachovia Bank, N.A. in overseeing the out-of-court wind-down of assets)
- Nelco Inc. – a $300+ million computer leasing company (represented the Chapter 7 trustee in various bank fraud recovery actions)
Education and Certifications
- B.A. – UNC, Chapel Hill
- JD/MBA – University of Richmond
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)