Pete is a Managing Director at Protiviti, serving as the West Region Leader for the firm’s Business Performance Improvement practice. He has over 25 years management consulting experience serving clients in the high technology, media, telecommunications and life sciences industries.
Pete has led many significant programs to improve business performance, including those focused on finance transformation, shared services, post-merger integration, customer/channel strategy and digital content distribution.
Representative Project Experience
- Global on-line retailer: Responsible for several engagements to assist finance & accounting with global process improvements and systems enhancements to support new product and service launches into existing markets. Also responsible for engagements to expand finance & accounting operations into new countries in support of global expansion strategies.
- Global media conglomerate: Responsible for the development of finance/IT merger integration “playbooks” – playbooks enable the company to estimate integration efforts and costs (e.g., labor, capital) resulting from domestic and international acquisitions. In addition the playbooks provide specific post-merger tasks and activities for finance/IT based on targeted operating model.
- Global supplier of accounting and business management software: Led several large-scale engagements to assist CFO with “Transformation Agenda.” Several engagements supported post-merger business “stabilization” including finance process improvement, shared services strategy and IT strategy. Parallel efforts focused on new strategies and product roadmaps to reflect convergence of data analytics with traditional enterprise applications, and to support “virtualization” and delivery of “IT as-a-service.”
- Global media conglomerate: Led several engagements to improve company-wide performance in business planning, forecasting and financial analysis (including advanced data analytics). Led several engagements to support the re-integration of 300+ retail stores into company operations. Led program management office (PMO) to support development and launch of new wireless business within the company.
- Global computer and peripherals manufacturer: Led several complex engagements to help company focus sales and marketing efforts on the most profitable customers. The engagements involved developing new product offerings and business processes, designing new organizational roles and responsibilities, and deploying market-leading technologies for sales, customer service, and finance.
- Global biotechnology company: Led engagement to develop strategy and implementation roadmap to advance digital information sharing across the manufacturing network – from product lifecycle and early stage development through commercial manufacturing and post-commercial activities.
- Bachelor of Arts, UCLA
Areas of Expertise
- End-to-End Process Excellence
- Shared Services
- Post-Merger Integration
- Digital Business
- Complex Program Management