Business Card (vCard)
Pamela is a Director in Protiviti’s Investigations & Fraud Risk Management solution where she focuses on investigations and anti-corruption compliance solutions and leads our fraud risk management initiative. She has over 21 years of risk management experience, including creation of fraud governance systems and fraud risk management programs, planning and execution of fraud risk assessments, and conducting investigations to address fraud, misconduct and potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as equivalent anti-bribery laws and regulations. She also assists with compliance and ethics programs for both the public and private sector.
Prior to joining Protiviti, she was a Director in the Forensic practice of a Big 4 professional services firm, where she served as a global product champion for fraud and misconduct diagnostic services. Her practice focused on fraud risk management and forensic investigations, and she has provided assistance to internal and external audit teams on a myriad of issues, including financial investigations and implementation of SAS 99.
Ms. Verick previously worked as a Government and Industry Affairs Specialist for the insurance brokerage of Alexander & Alexander, advising on legislative, regulatory and compliance issues affecting Fortune 1000 companies.
Representative Engagements Include
- Technical expertise in risk management, specifically in matters involving fraud and misconduct, was developed through her work with Fortune 500 and 1000 companies and non-profit organizations as well as federal, state and local government agencies
- Regularly assists Management, as well as Audit, Governance and Corporate Compliance Committees in the identification and assessment of risk involving fraud, bribery and other types of misconduct, as well as evaluation and strengthening of fraud risk management programs, anti-bribery compliance strategies and internal control frameworks. These projects have been conducted in both proactive and reactive settings, either to enhance enterprise-wide risk activities, develop internal audit plans, comply with regulatory requirements or respond with remediation activities following investigation, regulatory or legal proceedings
- Facilitated numerous fraud and anti-corruption trainings, as well as fraud risk workshops in the U.S. and overseas marketplace. Assisted numerous internal and external audit teams, as well as legal counsel, in the review of whistleblower statements made in connection with suspected fraudulent activities, and performed internal forensic investigations on a wide range of matters, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Speaks regularly to U.S. and international audiences on issues related to corporate ethics and fraud matters. Interviewed by media organizations such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal (Corruption Currents) and Compliance Week
- B.A., Justice, The American University
- M.S., Justice/Judicial Administration, The American University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association, Associate Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- American Bar Association, associate member
- Institute of Internal Auditors, member
- Sustainer, The Junior League of Washington, D.C.