Lindsay leads our internal audit practice in the UK. He has over 30 years of combined financial statement audit and internal audit experience, serving a variety of companies, primarily in the financial services sector both in the UK and internationally.
For the past seven years prior to joining Protiviti, he was a Group Audit Business Partner at Deutsche Bank Group Internal Audit, responsible for the internal audit work on the Finance, Risk and Compliance functions globally, and the Global Banking business. During his time at Deutsche Bank, he led several key change initiatives, including the design of its risk-based audit methodology and the development of the Group Audit “Balanced scorecard” MI suite. Previously, he spent 21 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers, latterly as a partner focused on the financial services industry.
Representative Engagements Include
- Global Financial Services Organisation: Responsible for the design and implementation of a new audit methodology, including overseeing the retraining of approximately 400 staff, and liaison with senior management, key regulators and other stakeholders globally. Independent external assessment has confirmed that it is at the forefront of internal audit methodologies, covering all the Group’s key risks annually, and has achieved excellent feedback from all stakeholders, including its key regulators
- Global Financial Services Organisation: IFRS conversion project leader, Financial Reporting, Europe – Directed the key project to convert all the banks European companies to report under International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”)
- Banking and Capital Markets: Led teams delivering a wide range of audit, operational risk and corporate governance services to a number of international commercial and investment banks, fund managers, structured investment vehicles, brokers and metal dealers
- Banking and Capital Markets: Led teams auditing and advising on asset valuation, investment appraisal, operational risk and controls, and financial reporting matters to infrastructure funds, and companies representing their underlying investments in the UK and internationally
- Financial Services Practice Lead: Lead the audit and business advisory services to one of the largest and most complex international financial services groups based in Portugal, with significant banking, asset management and insurance operations
- Partner in charge for locally and internationally owned companies in the Czech and Slovak Republics, principally in the financial services, retail and manufacturing sectors
- BA (Hons) Industrial Economics, Nottingham
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)