Jim leads Protiviti’s Transaction Services offering inclusive of due diligence, integration, private equity and strategy. His experience includes mergers, divestitures and carve-outs, and spans lines of business, finance, risk, human resources, operations and technology. He has led the overall transaction office as well as both business and IT work streams for multiple merger and divestiture initiatives for multi-billion dollar deals. The combination of Jim’s industry and consulting experience with his education in business and technology enables him to provide clients a holistic perspective when dealing with complex transformations. His expertise is both strategic and tactical with a results-oriented yet risk conscious approach.
- Partnered with the client transaction office leadership to lead dozens of initiatives during the integration of a $50B US bank into a top 5 North American bank. Delivered target operating models and post-merger integration activities regarding organization structures, processes, systems and data. Developed approaches for change management as well as technology change control. Team responsibilities crossed lines of business, risk, technology and finance and dealt with vendors, information security and regulatory mandates.
- Partnered with the client transaction office leadership on a $21B sale of a US bank to a top 5 global bank with oversight of all 20 work streams that included a mix of Protiviti, Robert Half staffing and client team members.
- Led multiple initiatives in both the business and IT areas of two top 5 US banks including key undertakings between the securities units with the bank (sweeps, etc.), the merger of the trust units, and the integration of the trust and investment management units into the securities unit, IT architecture demands, and the compliance function of the securities businesses. These Day 1 activities led to sustained Day 2 initiatives led by Protiviti such as the transition of the underlying data warehouses on which over 250 client and advisor facing applications are serviced.
- Project lead and strategist for the merger of the wide area networks of two top 10 US financial services institutions.
- Led the customer selection, conversion and response team during an 18 month platform conversion impacting several million customers with less than a 0.5% complaint experience.
- Led the PMO and was a key strategist of a cost rationalization effort that eliminated over $100 million in expenses in year one at a top 15 US bank including identifying and releasing 2,000 employees.
- Significant due diligence experience in multiple industries including energy, transportation, consumer products, and agri-food.
- Ph.D. MIS, University of Houston
- M.S. Accountancy, University of Missouri
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology
- Project Management Professional
- St. Louis Chamber of Commerce