James Armetta is a Managing Director with Protiviti and is based out of New York. He has over twenty years of experience delivering internal audit and technology risk solutions across numerous clients in a variety of industries. He is responsible for leading Protiviti’s US East Region Technology Audit practice, which includes:
- Providing clients with technology audit services across multiple platforms and various application environments
- Responsibility for technology audit resources located across the entire eastern seaboard, including recruiting/hiring, training, and retention; and
- Spearheading the development of core methodologies, templates, and thought leadership that is used and distributed company-wide, as well as to Protiviti’s client base
Prior to joining Protiviti, he spent eleven years with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Arthur Andersen combined, focusing in technology audit, including external audit support, SAS70s, and other attest services, as well as specialty IT consulting projects.
At Protiviti, he has been charged with leading one of the organization’s strategic initiatives. In this regard, he is responsible for developing ideas, setting direction, and providing oversight to a team of individuals who will be focused on the execution of these initiatives in support of achieving Protiviti’s overall company strategy.
He is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York chapter (MNYWNY). In this capacity, he performs various annual fundraising activities that help support this charitable organization. In addition, he serves as a member the MNYWNY Audit Committee, where he is responsible for assisting the organization with its governance and oversight related to risk management.
Additionally, in May of 2012, he was named to Consulting Magazines Top 25 Consultants of 2012 list for Excellence in Financial Services.
Representative Engagements Include
- Managing the technology internal audit functions at numerous Protiviti clients. Responsibilities include overseeing an IT Risk Assessment, development of multi-year audit plans, execution of the associated audits, and drafting and issuing of internal audit reports
- Assist numerous organizations in the establishment and ongoing support of their individual Sarbanes Oxley initiatives. Responsibilities have included leading teams in scoping the relevant business and technology processes as well as project management of all phases required for compliance including documentation, remediation, and testing
- Responsible for providing oversight to various project management engagements, where Protiviti serves in an SME capacity, both leading and assisting with PMO functions that provide governance to critical projects occurring at our clients
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Pace University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Member of Information Systems Auditing and Controls Association (ISACA)
- Named in Consulting Magazines Top 25 consultants of 2012 for Excellence in Financial Services