Gordon is a managing director at Protiviti and leads the organization’s Technology, Media and Communication Industry practice. He is also the firm’s Biotech industry as part of Protiviti’s Healthcare & Life Science industry team. He has over 25 years experience in providing business consulting, internal audit and financial controls, and program management services to companies through Protiviti, BearingPoint and Andersen. He serves clients preparing to become public, as well as mid-market to Global 1000 public companies.
He has developed annual risk assessments, executed global internal audit plans, consulted with Executive Management and Audit Committees on preparing to operate as a public company, delivered corporate compliance and governance requirements, assessed and implemented finance process improvements, and provided overall project management.
Representative Engagements Include
- Delivered fully outsourced Internal Audit services for Bay Area companies with a direct reporting relationship to the Audit Committee and administrative reporting relationship to the Chief Financial Officer
- Managed delivery of numerous co-sourced Internal Audit projects on a worldwide basis to multi-national companies through coordination of Protiviti's global network
- Led client service teams in developing and executing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance programs for numerous Bay Area companies ranging from newly public to established global enterprises
- Managed teams delivering process improvement efforts to the finance organization of global technology companies. Those improvement efforts include automation of manual activities, improving the financial close process, integrating acquisitions, and implementing new policies and procedures
- Supported international expansion efforts for a Bay Area Biotech company with a newly approved drug, including setting up outsourced internal audit function, delivering international site location reviews, and reviewing of third party outsource providers
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Boston University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Board of Governors, Institute of Internal Auditors, San Francisco Chapter