George is the Managing Director for Protiviti’s Washington DC – Tysons Corner office. He leads the firm's activities in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. markets. He also leads the firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital Practice.
- He is responsible for handling the firm’s Internal Audit and Solutions Consulting businesses in the Metro DC, Virginia, and Maryland markets. He has experience catering to clients in the financial services, media and hospitality, government contracting, real estate, technology and retail industries
- He also manages as lead or co-lead at the firm level and/or portfolio companies owned by Blackstone, The Carlyle Group, Kohlberg & Co., TH Lee, Odyssey Partners, Madison Dearborn, Sun Capital, Golden Gate Capital, and Evercore, as part of the firm’s private equity and venture capital practice (Protiviti works with both portfolio investees and PE firms at each stage of the investment cycle)
- Prior to Protiviti, he was the President and Chief Operating Officer of Covanta Power International, an international energy holding company. He was responsible for the operating, management, financial, and investment performance of the company and its 12 principal operating and equity investments located in eight countries in Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Along with the CEO, he was principally responsible to investors for planning and executing the restructuring of the company. In 14 months, he led the management team that doubled operating cash flow, tripled scheduled debt repayment and significantly improved plant portfolio operating metrics
Representative Engagements Include
- One of five founding partners of GIC, an energy development and consulting company focused on developing, acquiring, owning and operating investments in the energy transportation, power generation and distribution sectors. Led the group’s consulting business, taking principal responsibility for the marketing and execution of each of the company’s consulting assignments as well as advancing the firm’s ability to secure lead investors for its ongoing business
- Led energy mergers and acquisitions advisory practice in the power and pipelines business for J.P. Morgan and Co. Responsible for initiating, advising on and executing transactions with a core group of clients in the U.S., Asia and Latin America. Completed for clients over $2 Billion in acquisitions, divestitures and related equity and debt financing transactions, including an $800 MM pipeline transaction, that was named Deal of the Year by Institutional Investor
- A.B. – Special Honors Economics, Tufts University