Gary is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Vienna office and leads Protiviti’s Mid-Atlantic Finance Optimization practice. He has helped numerous clients make process, technology, and organizational improvements within all areas of the finance function. With 19 years of management consulting experience, including eight years at Arthur Andersen, he has led engagements in areas such as project management, process improvement, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) selection and implementation, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other regulatory compliance. He has also led Internal Audit work at numerous clients including public companies from an initial audit/assessment through to post remediation/implementation support.
Gary has done work for both Fortune 500 and mid-sized firms across diverse industries. He co-leads Protiviti’s ‘Fast Close’ solution, and regularly serves as a subject matter specialist for improvements within Finance.
Representative Engagements Include
- Led process improvement initiatives in a variety of areas, including Account Reconciliation, Budgeting and Planning, Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Purchasing, Standard Costing, Fixed Asset Accounting, and Tax. Also led a project to design the future state of the Treasury function for a large private equity firm to create a more mature cash management and banking function
- Managed multiple ERP and other software selections / implementations / upgrades for clients in various industries including a global advertising holding company, a NASCAR racing team, an adult education organization, a health services organization, a fitness equipment manufacturer, an electronics manufacturer, and a financial services company
- Managed the Project Management Office for the merger-integration of the Finance organizations for two large advertising companies and also managed the implementation of EPM solution at a large not-for-profit association
- Currently serves as the outsourced Internal Audit lead for a public $1 billion Healthcare Services company and also serves as the engagement managing director for Protiviti’s Capital Projects and Construction Internal Audit services provided to a state agency
- As a Protiviti’s lead for all services provided to a large government sponsored entity, he oversees the consistency of delivery for all Protiviti services including internal audit, IT consulting, model validation, and finance and operational consulting
- University of Notre Dame – MBA
- Villanova University – BSBA FinanceBA Economics, University of Exeter