Charles Goldstein is responsible for leading Protiviti’s M&A Due Diligence practice. He has more than 25 years experience providing financial and operational transaction services. Mr. Goldstein also provides consulting services in a variety of areas including corporate restructuring, bankruptcy consulting, financial investigations, and complex commercial litigation.
- Directs due diligence and consulting services for both buy and sell side engagements as well as loan investment analysis for financial entities.
- Provides restructuring, turnaround, fiduciary, and crisis management services. He also provides financial advisory and investigative services to debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, and other interested parties.
- Performs business valuations for use in commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters.
- Directs financial forensic investigations where he provides investigative services, damage calculations and expert witness testimony in fraud, bankruptcy, and litigation matters.
Representative Engagements Include
- Advised investment group on financial matters in its potential acquisition of a professional sports team.
- Lead investment due diligence team in assessing transaction risks related to a home healthcare company.
- Provided advice to a $4 billion retailer in its capital and operational restructuring efforts. Efforts lead to a new $600 million loan facility.
- Served as CRO for a $400 million national emergency room operator, operating the entity through due diligence process and eventual sale.
- Assisted international insurance company in its efforts to minimize losses related to the sale or refinancing of a series of nursing home facilities.
- Serves as CRO for a not-for-profit property development and leasing company.
- Assisted client in consideration of acquisition of furniture manufacturer with production facilities in China.
- Assisted client in its review of a criticized commercial loan portfolio.
- Served as CRO for a $150 million health care IT entity. Oversaw the company’s restructuring efforts including, sell-side due diligence, advising company regarding its strategic direction, and various financial and operational efficiency efforts.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors in Arts, Economics, University of Maryland
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Maryland
- Juris Doctor, University of Maryland
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)