Brad is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Chicago office and brings more than 19years of experience in public accounting, internal audit and consulting services. He is the Central Region Leader of our Public Company Transformation services.
He assists multiple companies with their private to pubic transformation around Finance, IT and Corporate Governance/Compliance. He is the engagement leader on multiple outsourced and co-sourced Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley projects. He is accredited by the IIA in the performance of Quality Assessment Reviews. He is a frequent speaker at a number of organizations and conferences, including the IIA, FEI, IMA, IAPP, APQC and has conducted multiple national webinars. Prior to joining Protiviti, he was a senior manager in Arthur Andersen’s Chicago office. He also spent several years as the Chief Financial Officer of a privately held manufacturing and distribution company.
Representative Engagements Include
- Led multiple projects, helping companies and their boards assess and implement Finance, Accounting and IT processes, Corporate Governance and Sarbanes-Oxley programs, and Public Company Transformation
- A retail/restaurant company. Currently working with senior management on it’s Initial Public Offering. Leading multiple work streams including assisting with the S-1 registration statement drafting, developing position papers and key accounting policies as well as designing and executing the Sarbanes Oxley readiness and compliance program
- A $550M retail company. Assisting management with its transformation of the organization from a private to a public entity. Worked closely with the CFO throughout this transformation starting with an initial public company readiness assessment through pre-IPO activities and continuing with post-IPO transformation services. Currently, designing and executing the Sarbanes Oxley readiness and compliance program and building the Internal Audit and Risk Management functions
- A $3B retail company. Led a Public Company Readiness assessment, created a roadmap for going public. Established a project management office and helped execute multiple work streams, including the registration statement process, IT Strategy, Enterprise Risk Management, and Sarbanes Oxley readiness
- A $600M manufacturing company. Led the public company readiness assessment, working closely with senior management, outside legal counsel, the external auditors and key members of the Board. Created a roadmap to transform the organization from a private to a public entity and currently, assisting with the implementation of the roadmap
- M.B.A., Northwestern University, Kellogg Graduate School of Business
- B.S. in Accountancy, Indiana University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, IIA, AICPA, ICPA and FEI